Sunday, January 24, 2010

Latest Creations

Remains of the Day Journal Cover project...I worked on my cover for the Remains of the Day project - so much fun quilting pieces together. I'm still not finished with the cover -but I was able to experiment with the embroidery stitches on my new sewing machine. Best of all - I tried free-motion quilting...that's really fun...it's where you just move the fabric around loosely.


























Look at Rachel's sample of free motion quilting...love the rabbit - too cute!









Put up some new small displays in the house - for the little paper art. I mounted a wire inbox tray on the wall...pieces made by me, Rachel, CGS and other pieces made from classes by Lisa Super and Ingrid...enjoy them all.











I picked up this wire display from Misto Lino today...works great for displaying more pieces made by me and some from CGS.












Rachel made her first tote tonight - amazing, she figured out how to do a gusset corner all on her own.
Rainy days are great for artful play!

2 comments:

  1. Everythings gorgeous together Connie. I've been going back and forth about the remains of the day journal. I think I'll go for it. I got the free motion foot for my sewing machine (which I have yet to set up) and I've been wanting to experiment with it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your displays! Must be so fun to look at and reflect on all the good times you had making everything. I love the bag Rachel made! Great material! Rachel - can you make me something for my birthday?

    ReplyDelete