Saturday, June 19, 2010

New Crafting Projects

This week I received a new kit from Charlotte Lyons, a "Folding Paper Tray". She sent instructions and a variety of papers/images to use. I couldn't wait to make it. I could of used the papers that she sent, but I was anxious to use this new paper line that Connie Govea Stuart told me about; K&Company's Olivia Rose. Here's how it came out...
When you untie the sides it can lie flat for storing.


The next project I worked on this weekend was PaperClay. It was inspired by Connie Govea Stuart in some of her projects and also an article she had in Somerset Life. I used the Crayola Model Magic color bisque. I first molded a bunch of shapes and then stamped a images on them, then made button holes.

I can't wait to use these on some of my projects...thanks CGS for your inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. The paper tray is very sweet and I'm sure will come in very handy for use when traveling. But I love the paper clay art...they are absolutely adorable. I guess you can color them, but they look good just in black & white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tray. I took Connie's paper clay button class and it was so fun making the buttons. You did such a good job of stamping, I think I had too heavy of a hand at first but I love the majority of the ones I made. I have never seen the bisque color, I like it much better than the white.

    ReplyDelete