Sunday, August 1, 2010

Holiday Workshop & Flea Market

This Saturday a couple of my sisters and I took an all day workshop with Lisa Super - the theme was "Holiday Sparkle". It was a really fun class making a mini embroidery sampler tree skirt and 10 fun holiday ornaments. I didn't get to finish my tree skirt, but I can't wait to work on it some more. For the picture, I put all my ornaments on top of my skirt so it looks full, but really my tree skirt is only half done.



Pat had to leave early and didn't get to finish her project so I wasn't able to get a picture of hers. After class, Maryl worked on her project and finished it. Here's how it turned out - so adorable - what a great job Maryl!



I recently purchased some new kits and they just happen to be about embroidery too - what a coincidence. One is a cute purse from Charlotte Lyons (http://www.etsy.com/shop/charlottelyons):

and another cute project from Amy Powers (http://www.etsy.com/shop/inspireco). I can't wait to work on them. So much to do, so little time.


Sunday, Pat and I went to the Alameda Pt Flea Market. It's so much fun hunting through all the booths and discovering great finds. Here's what I brought home. I love the plaid mini case. It's actually a picnic basket full of goodies - but I think I'm going to re-purpose it into my new travel craft case.




And last but not least, I have to show you the dessert Rachel created last night - so adorable - Marshmallow treats.

2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE that plaid bag you bought at Alameda Pt...Perfect for carrying around all your supplies and it's so RETRO. Cool!

    Thanks for posting the pics from Sat's class...it was SO much fun! I'm so proud of how much Xmas Tree Skirt & Ornaments came out.

    Rachel's marshmallow treats look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it all! especially rachels marshmellow creations...yummy!

    ReplyDelete