Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bike Riding, Swimming & My Travel Projects

We started the day with a nice bike ride along the Truckee River. It was mostly flat, just a few small inclines. There's a bike path that takes you right next to the river and away from the street.

We started the ride from our hotel and rode all the way to Tahoe City, round trip was 15 miles. This is my cruiser bike with my wicker basket...love my basket.

We stopped in Tahoe City for lunch and this bird was right next to us. I was able to get a great shot. He looks so peaceful, but he was actually eyeing our food.

After bike riding we couldn't wait to hit the pool and hot tubs. The end of summer is a great time to go, not very crowded.

During vacations, I love bringing along images to cut. It's relaxing just to cut out paper and so nice to have these images ready for doing projects. I got a bunch ready for something.

My other project I brought along was my embroidery kit from Amy Powers. As you can see, I didn't get very far, but I did make some progress.

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful photos! I love to cut out images during my downtime, I agree, very mindless and relaxing. What a great hotel you found, love the pool. Valerie

    ReplyDelete