Friday, March 11, 2011

East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse Haul

As some of you may know, I usually visit the East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse every Friday. That's because I work @ home on Fridays and can make it to the store before they close.  Well, today being Friday, I couldn't wait to go. Today, my theme was mostly containers. 

I picked up lots of tin and card board box containers. The tin containers will be used for my first class...to be announced soon. The card board boxes are so cute, I couldn't pass them up. Tonight, I took one of the square ones and made it into a shadowbox necklace. I used the lid of one of the 1x1 inch box squares.
I added some shrink plastic body parts to the top and bottom of the mini box.  I used a house stamp from Anna Griffin to add to the sides and back. I filled the inside of the box with assorted embellishments and covered the top with some mica plastic.
I added a jump ring to the top of the head, so that I can add a chain for a necklace.  I added a bit of gathered netting to the bottom of the box, for a little skirt.  It's just a fun necklace to wear.

5 comments:

  1. Nice haul...the tiny vintage boxes are terrific and I love the necklace you created with it...it's really amazing! Keep up the creative spirit! I can't wait to take a class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in for your first class, I wouldn't miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute Connie. I would love to also be added to your class list. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Connie!!!
    This is a fabulous store you have!
    The necklace is perfection!
    xox, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this!! So cute and creative. The netting adds a nice touch.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Dee

    ReplyDelete