Thursday, March 3, 2011

Organizing Idea

I enjoy cutting paper, so I buy lots of collage sheets from various web sites and etsy. Some of my favorite places to buy from are: http://www.artchixstudio.com/, http://www.retrocafeart.com/, and http://www.digitalcollagesheets.com/. At night, while sitting in bed, I love cutting up my collage sheets or items I've stamped. I now have quite a collection of paper pieces all ready for creating. Recently, I found a great way to organize all these pieces. At Michael's they sell these plastic containers used for storing 4x6 photos. It's one large plastic box that holds 12 smaller plastic boxes. I thought it was going to be perfect for categorizing my paper pieces. I used my label maker and created labels for each box. Here's how it looks.  I love it!






My favorite small scissors to cut with are the micro tip scissors from craftSMART at Michael's. It's a great deal for under $5.

5 comments:

  1. I love great organizing tips and this is certainly a good one! Thanks for letting us in on all your creative knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Idea Connie! Now if I could find my car keys to go to the store!
    xoxox, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I just noticed you added me to your blogroll!!!!! I am honored! thank you so very much~!~ diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great idea!I usually keep mine in envelopes but these cases offer much more protection. I might have to pick one up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before you run out to Michael's - I realized when I was at Michael's yesterday, that it was actually Joann's that I bought it at. Sorry for the mis-information. But go get one, I love it.

    ReplyDelete