Thursday, June 30, 2011

7 Gypsies Portfolio Project

A few weeks ago I purchased these 7 Gypsies portfolio brochures. It was the same one we used for the Portfolio class I took with Deb and Paula from 7Gypsies last month, but a smaller version. Here's how I covered the front...
 This is how it looked before I started. The size is 7" x 9".
I'm going to work on the inside this weekend, stay tuned and I'll show you when it's finished.

I also wanted to share my latest foodie fine: PURPLE CAULIFLOWER. After watching one of Dr. Oz's shows, I wanted to try purple cauliflower because it's full of antioxidants.  Look how beautiful it looks in my salad too!
 
Most nights I eat a large salad and a small portion of protein (chicken or fish). Now, I love to add purple cauliflower to my salad for the looks and the taste. Season it with salt, pepper and olive oil. Then roast the cauliflower in the oven at 350 for about 40 minutes - and yum, you'll love it! The only problem, it's hard to find. I've only found it in one store, Berkeley Bowl. So every week, we make a trip there and buy 3 heads of purple cauliflower. It tastes the same as white cauliflower - just looks better and it's better for you.

4 comments:

  1. Love how you changed the look of the portfolio...it's beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished product. Also, love the "purple" salad - looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration in the kitchen and in the art room! Thank you!
    -diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to try the purple cauliflower in my salad. it does look beautiful. and what you have done w/ the portfolio is amazing.
    your enthusiasm is contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been trying to find the small portfolio envelopes as part of a Christmas project. I have had no luck. Where did you get them? The small portfolio brochures are perfect for what I have in mind.

    ReplyDelete