Thursday, October 13, 2011

Vintage Photo Album Page

I've collected several vintage photo albums, but until today, I've never made anything with the inserts.
This is one I purchased from the Petaluma Art Is You Vendor Fair. I love the graphics on the border.
I cut out the middle opening and used a shallow box on the back to create a shadow box. I used my new paper from Prima that I purchased last weekend to line the back of the box. I added an image of a girl and wrapped her head with lace. Finished it with a bow and vintage earrings. Keep those empty boxes, you never know when they might come in handy.

I also decided to make a mini piece with an image of a vintage photo frame and a shrink plastic piece. It's the one in the middle. It measures 2.5"x3.5".

2 comments:

  1. Very clever of you to use an empty box to create a shadowbox effect - love your composition using lace and the shrink plastic. Beautiful frames adds the finishing touch - great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your album pages. Cool look with the Shadow box. Love the button necklaces too. That would make for a great class. I am also looking for a way to make a piece of jewelry with all the buttons I have collected. But it's always so hard to take a favorite button and use it.

    ReplyDelete