Thursday, December 29, 2011

2012 Calendar Collaborative Project

A couple months ago I was asked to participate in a 2012 Calendar Collaborative project. This was my first organized collaborative/swap project. Chris Capista is the organizer and the theme was Catherine Moore's Character Construction stamps (http://www.characterconstructions.com/).
The way it worked was Chris first picked the calendar theme. Next, Catherine selected 12 people to participate. We're each assigned one of the months and we had to create a 8.5" x 11" portrait calendar page using Catherine's stamps. We then had to make 11 copies of your finished calendar page and send them to the other 11 participants.
My month is April and the picture above is my calendar page. As you may know, one of my latest obsessions are Santos dolls, so I knew that was going to be my focus. Here's the envelope I sent my calendar in, all ready and lined up to go!
Last year, Chris created a calendar using images from Paper Whimsy. She has a wonderful article about it in the recent issue of Somerset Studio Gallery (Winter 2012).
Chris's calendar page for 2012 was the first one I received. It was so exciting to open the envelope. I just love her page and all the little details she added.
I look forward to the mail arriving every day now, in anticipation for the next calendar page! We have participants from Canada and France too. I'll make sure to post them as they come in. What a great way to celebrate the new year!

6 comments:

  1. Your calendar page and envelope are stunning! Your creations are always a stand out. I love the way the whole page is filled and your use of dark and light shades with the dolls and calendar. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning! I can't wait to see what the other calendar pages look like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG LOVE LOVE this idea...how beautiful
    Your page and your first sent in the mail are FAB! I am soosososo envious
    Enjoy Connie!
    xo
    Laura H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the creativity and imaginative details each of you use...knowing Chris personally (and value her dear friendship so much!) this project will be fabulous. What a talented group you are!

    Happiest of New Year's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Connie,
    Your artwork created for your calender page is totally fabulous.
    I just adore the beautiful calendar page created by Chris as well,you both are such talented ladies.I love both of your pages.(they rock...)
    I am so excited to receive my CC pages.
    "Well worth the wait to Canada and makes it more fun too".
    My blue eyes will be watching for my snail mail ladies delivery each day,with "Awesome" huge excitment !!!!
    I am so grateful to be included in this Collaborative Calender Project,it is such a pleasure.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Happy Creative New Year, Hugs Laura. xoxx
    Very exciting !!!

    ReplyDelete