Friday, May 4, 2012

Stuffed Cloth Doll

Tonight, I copied some images onto fabric in preparation for my class this weekend with Kristen Robinson and Ruth Rae. One of the images I used was a doll that I got from Somerset Studio magazine. After seeing the doll on the fabric, I knew I had to make it into a stuffed cloth doll.
I don't know if she should be a necklace or just a pin...what do you think?

Below is the insert that came inside the Somerset Studio magazine (May/June issue).
I used a Computer Printer Fabric made by Tailor. You can find this at Joann's. I buy the cream color fabric (it comes in white too). You use the fabric like a sheet of paper and insert it into your printer. I filled up the page with other images I had.
I cut around the doll image and I added some stuffing between the fabric. I use embroidery thread and hand stitched around the image.
 
After sewing around the doll, I trimmed the edges and added a few embellishments.
Here are the other fabric sheets I copied and ready to use for another project.
I'm looking forward to Sunday's class at A Work Of Heart in San Jose (http://www.aworkofheart.com/)....but first I plan to go to Alameda Pt. flea market Sunday. It's going to be a long, but fun day!

1 comment:

  1. Connie
    Love the doll!!!
    Your instructions are easy too understand and to the point! Have fun at Alameda and your class
    Laura H :)

    ReplyDelete