Sunday, July 15, 2012

New Necklace

This weekend I bought a faux denim shirt from Old Navy - love the gray color and white stitching. I knew it needed a white necklace, kinda like the ones currently selling at JCrew, so I made this necklace to go with my new shirt.
Here's how I started...I glued three large filigree pieces in a triangle shape.
Then I collected a bunch of my white vintage flower pieces and arranged them in a triangle shape.
Afterwards I added some filler rhinestone pieces and the chain.
These are the JCrew photos that I was inspired from.
Also, today I took two wonderful Photoshop classes from Patti from Lisa's Altered Art. Lisa is Patti's daughter, who she named the business after. The class was held at A Work Of Heart in San Jose. In the past, I've purchased many collage images from this site and to be able to take a class from the owner was really an honor. I learned so much from Patti, and I can't wait to start playing with digital images. Make sure to check out Patti's web site http://www.lisasalteredart.com/. Thanks to Andrea for holding this class on a weekend.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Connie, beautiful job on the necklace...it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific idea to come up with that white necklace. It turned out beautifully. Thanks for another great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great necklace. I saw it in Jewelry Affaire magazine and looked you up. Coincidentally I did my own version of the last J. Crew necklace you posted.

    ReplyDelete