Monday, October 22, 2012

Road Trip to Hobby Lobby

This weekend I did a road trip to Morgan Hill to go to the new Hobby Lobby store. It's a little over an hour from my house - but this is the closest one to me. The store just opened in August. I've been to a Hobby Lobby once before, in Modesto and couldn't wait to check this one out too! Both stores are about the same size - HUGE!
We got there when it opened - 9am.
Me, my daughter Rachel and my sister Diana
Below is a picture of the store just as you walk in. I'd say it's about three times the size of a Michael's.
You can't even see the end of the store from one end. They have everything you can imagine that is craft related and they also have a large home accessories section.
We basically had the store to ourselves for the first hour. The store has big wide aisles.
My sister Maryl with some pink ostrich feathers
Rachel loved this section - chevrons on everything.
They carry this cool brand called Sew-Ology. Just love the packaging.
 
Below are pictures from their furniture section.
Love these book boxes...
 
We spent two hours in this store and we each walked out with a cart load of goodies. There were definitely things there I've never seen before. Favorite finds included: black and white wrapping paper, vintage ledger 12 x 12 scrapbook pad, some great 6x6 scrapbook pads, black and white striped fabric (which is so hard to find), metal findings and wall hanging. Many of the sections were 50% off!
As you can see, I'm really into black and white now.
Nearby were also fun places to shop: antique stores, clothing boutiques, TJ Maxx and Target. So needless to say we were all shopped out by the afternoon. What a fun outing we had - we're going to make this a semi-annual event!

Go Giants!

No comments:

Post a Comment