Friday, November 2, 2012

Published in Somerset Studio

My altered book that I made this summer is published in the Nov/Dec issue of Somerset Studio. I just received my complimentary issue in the mail this week.
This is my article...
A big thanks to my friend Connie Freedman for bringing this project to the attention of Stampington & Co. It was a project that I made from a vintage book cover. I was inspired to make this piece after going to the Altered Book Exhibit in Marin this summer...there were some wonderful pieces on display. I'm also honored to have been asked to participate in the 2013 show next summer.

Other good news to share...the same day I received my complimentary issue, I also got an email from Stampington & Co. that they want to published two of my altered china dolls in the Art Doll Quarterly magazine, to be released in Feb. 2013! I'm so excited to be published in a new publication of Stampington. I really love their magazines and the quality of the photos and articles they publish...so inspiring for me. 

I just finished sending off my Catherine Moore tag swap today. My first official "swap". The theme was autumn and we had to send in 10 tags to swap. I can't wait to see what I get back in return. Thanks Cathy for organizing.
I used three Catherine Moore stamps to create this paper doll. Then I added some ribbon, tulle and a paper leaf garland. 
I'm also working on the 2013 Catherine Moore Collaborate Calendar. These are the months I've received already from Nancy Gene Armstrong (April) and Chris Capista (July). Nancy was nice enough to also make the cover page for us. All beautiful pieces!
I also want to share with you some Halloween items...my daughter and I carved a Hello Kitty pumpkin...
And you have to see my daughter's nails...
I can't believe it's November already. Holidays, here we come!

3 comments:

  1. What lovely work! Keep creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on another piece of your art being published!
    So well deserved...Love the pumpkin :) and your daughter is amazing...
    Laura H :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the C Moore tags you made!

    ReplyDelete