Sunday, March 17, 2013

Vintage Text Collages - Mini Book

I love collecting old books for their text - I look for different fonts & colored pages. I decided to take these books and use them as my primary paper for making the collages in this mini book.
Here's how it progressed. Below are the steps to making the cover.

I added several coats of beeswax to the cover. I like the opaque look it gives.
Below are the inside pages...
I love vintage girl images with their dolls...I've collected these over time and print them out when needed.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! My 14 year old daughter loves to bake mini desserts. I just had to share her recent creations.
She made this 5 layer cake entirely in an easy bake oven! It's about 3" in diameter.
She also made Girl Scout Thin Mint Brownies...
They were delicious!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Love your mini book...sweet! I can't believe Rachel made that beautiful dessert in her easy bake oven - amazing! You two are quite a team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your collage mini book is beyond adorable. I love that each subject matter is cleverly framed with vintage collage paper. The beeswax cover is perfect. I need to add this project to my list of things to do.
    Rachel, your St. Pat's cake is so cute with each layer in different shades of green and the thin mint brownie
    looks scrumptious! Clever take off of the popular thin mint cookies. Super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how you assembled the kraft paper mini journal.. is it for sale?

    really enjoyed rachels st. paddy's day cake. watching it on her self made video made it even more special. she is a treasure.

    lana cano kloch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Connie - found you through some of the Somerset publications (particularly the one where you show the mini books your sisters and you made). I love anything mini as well. Love your post above on the kraft journal. I'll be back - come by and visit me some time as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say a class in the making :)
    Beautiful Connie!
    Your daughter is a talent as well
    Happy Easter
    Laura H :)

    ReplyDelete