Friday, April 5, 2013

Holiday Crafts

I was recently asked if I had any holiday crafts to submit for publication. I thought about it and looked around my home, but didn't really have anything that would be a good fit, so I was off creating something new these past couple of weeks. It's so odd creating for Xmas in the spring time, but this is what I came up with.
These are my match box ornaments. Below are the some of the steps to make these...
Open up the outside cover of the matchboxes.
Cover one side with silver paint.
I used a punch on one side of the box to create a window.
I covered the other side with vintage text paper.
I decorated the inside boxes with 3D images.
I applied glitter to the covers.
Then I glued & embellished! Below is a close-up of one of them.

Next, I made some Valentine fabric cards/pictures.
I started with some valentine cards and copied them onto fabric.
I sandwiched the image with batting and a piece of muslin.
Then I stitched around part of the image and added some embellishments.
That's it for my summer time holiday crafts. Have a nice weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable holiday ornaments - great directions! Your valentine card/pictures came out great - I love the soft texture of the cards and the stitching and embellishment give it a vintage sweet touch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you new direction.. both designs are so original. know you have been working hard. so impressed with your creativity.

    lana

    ReplyDelete