Friday, June 20, 2014

Roben Marie Smith - "Snap and Share" Workshop

I'm definitely on a Roben Marie Smith kick. I'll be showing you the projects I made from her online workshop called "Snap and Share", which is all about taking photos and sharing them through your artwork. I highly recommend the class, it's so much fun!

There are several projects you create in this workshop, I started by making these cards. First I made the backgrounds - Roben style. Instead of using real photos, I opted for adding these adorable girls from AHA art stamps.
The designer of the stamps is Ashley Goldberg; she has some great stamps to use for cards and journaling. You can find her stamps at Paper Source and her Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ashleyg.

Another project from the Snap and Share workshop was this adorable journal/photo holder. I love the scalloped edge.
Here are pictures of how it opens...
 
 Inside is a small journal sewn into one side.
 
And in the back is a pocket made from a used envelope with a window. I inserted a copy of one of the doll cards.
This last project is a mini journal made from manila tags.
Instead of adding photos inside the mini journal, I stamped more of Ashley's adorable girls on the inside pages.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope you try taking some of Roben's classes, you'll have fun playing with paint and lots of color!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Love your journal/photo holder and mini journal...very cute! And the A.G. stamps are sweet...really make your journal pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, these are too darn cute for words. I love the mini journal with the stamped girls. I like the flower strip on the edge of the journal page. Is that washi tape? Really adds a nice touch. The fold out envelope with attached journal is fantastic! Must take that workshop - love it!! Great work.

    ReplyDelete