Sunday, July 13, 2014

Beach Art

I was recently sent some beach themed art supplies from RedLead. I had fun thinking of new projects to do with these items and here's what I came up with.

I made four mini summer journals...
Front covers
Back covers
I created these journals by first working on the background paper.  Each journal uses one sheet of Canson Mixed Media 9" x 12" paper, this paper has a nice heavy weight. I used stencils, acrylic paint and a 6" gelli plate to create the backgrounds.
I added additional doodling, stamps and images onto the paper. As you might have noticed, I didn't bother to trim off the edge of the paper that had the holes from the spiral bound pad. I used a couple of the holes to thread my twine and used it to tie the book together. I folded each sheet in half length wise and then in half again to make a booklet.

For the inside pages, I took various sheets of paper, tags and folded them in half.  Using an awe, I punched three holes into the paper and the journal cover. Then I used a simple binding technique to add the pages to the journal.
Inside pages
I decorated some of the inside pages with banners and stamps.
Inside pages
Below is a picture of several ATC cards and a mini shadow box that I also made...
And the last piece I made was a message in a bottle...
Supplies from RedLead included the background paper, images, mermaid, sea horse, stamps, sea shells, blue glass, and stencils.

I hope you're having a great summer and that this post inspires you to make some summer art! Thanks to RedLead for letting me create for you...I had so much fun!

3 comments:

  1. beautiful uses of the red lead wonderful stamps and stencils... these are more than adorable. thanks for sharing so much..
    lana cano kloch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas and designs, Connie! Getting right on it as my friend is due for a beachy gift as she and her hubby now have a beach cottage! I'm thinking a journal like you've showed us utilizing the sprocket holes for the binding! Another inspired idea!!! Off to order something from Red Lead to make this idea happen!

    Mary in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie these are wonderful!! You always use products with great imagination and a unique approach~~~ These are just wonderful...thank you as always for sharing and inspiring us!
    XO Laura H :)

    ReplyDelete