Friday, March 27, 2015

New Canvas Art Pieces

Lately, I've been inspired by Christy Tomlinson's YouTube videos. I love the work she does on canvases and so I decided to try my hand at her technique. These are the pieces I made.
As you can see, on three of the canvases I painted my Paige dolls. The canvas below measures 10"x10".
Here's some pictures of the steps I took to make the mini canvases. They measure 3"x3" and 2"x3".
I first covered the blank canvases with scraps of text book paper. Then I painted a silhouette of my Paige doll in gesso.
 I used my caran d'ache neo color II watersoluble crayons to color the faces and dresses.
I painted the hair with acrylic paint, added my metro tissue paper for the dresses and added other embellishments and doodles to finish it off. They're so small and fun to make!
The canvas below is for my daughter. She asked I make her a canvas for her baking studio, so I thought cakes with eyes would be perfect, it matches her baking style! I'm so proud of her, this week she just reached over 400,000 subscribers on her YouTube channel, KawiiSweetWorld!

And on a final note, I just received the latest issue of Somerset Life today.
My Victorian post cards I made a few months ago were published. I always love how this publication photographs the pieces and makes them look great...thank you Stampington & Co. I'm always honored to be in your magazines!
 
Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Your canvas pieces are so cute! - perfect way to display your Paige girls. The little cake canvas will look adorable hung in Rachel's baking studio. Great job Connie. Congratulations on being published in Somerset Life - It's nice to see how beautifully they photograph your work. Rachel - you are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your canvases Connie....Congrats on yet again being published...you are always well deserved and always humble :) Your cakes with eyes are adorable! How wonderful for Rachel....
    Hope you will consider a class or two or one .........Happy Saturday
    Laura H :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Connie! I love your Paige doll canvases and the baking canvas you made for Rachel (congrats, Rachel on reaching 400,000 subscribers!). Also, love the Victorian cards shown in the Stampington Mag...that's awesome! Would love a class on making the Paige doll canvas or the Victorian cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations connie.. i love your canvases.. how do you do it all? love the victorian cards as well.. think you must have an article in each of the magazines they've published so far.. quite amazing..

    ReplyDelete