Saturday, October 17, 2015

My Craft Room 2.0

I'm fortunate to have a room in our home dedicated to my crafts. But unfortunately, visiting crafts stores every weekend, subscribing to monthly kits, discovering East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse and going to too many company samples sales, has gotten it out of hand!

My craft room didn't look like this picture below two weeks ago.
My craft table was piled high...
each shelf was busting with stuff...
 
and I could barely see the floor.
But then my amazing sisters came over and for my bday helped me clean it out and organize it. Plus, they bought me this great big new white shelving unit. 
 It was an all-day project to clear everything out,
Sort it...
 and then put it all back together again.
I couldn't have done this with out their help. I tried, but there was just too much stuff and I didn't know where to start.

Thanks also to Melanie and Kacia for helping me get rid of my surplus items.
Now, I have this amazing, organized and clean craft room.
 
I'm still working on purging and organizing each shelf and drawer, but now I have a place to spread out and sort items out on the table. 
 
I look at my new craft room every day, just admiring how much cleaner it is, I just love it now!
I owe a huge thank you to my sisters, I know it wasn't as fun as having a craft class, but now I can hold a craft class in my own craft room and they'll be the first to be invited!
My sisters are the best - I love you all!

9 comments:

  1. It looks great! It's wonderful that you have such sweet sisters to help you organize your creative space. The bay area really is a blessing with the abundance of resources. I wonder if we have already crossed paths at the places you mentioned. (I live in Emeryville.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your craft room looks fantastic…the effort was worth it to see it turn out so well. I'm glad that we were able to make this craft room a special place for you to create. Can't wait to have our first class there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - how I'd love to come over and play in that room! I'd probably spend the entire time just looking around taking it all in.
    You are lucky to have sisters to come and help get organized. A few weeks ago, I was having house guests and was too overwhelmed to get my craft room presentable so I packed up a bunch of stuff in moving boxes and I have yet to unload them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are enjoying your craft room. It now looks like a well organized art studio, where I am sure you will create amazing art! Happy Birthday, Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky to have your sisters all close by........and then to celebrate your birthday with organizing your room is the best gift ever......love it all and wish I could sit at your big table and create together......Happy Belated Birthday Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on making your craft room look spectacular. Although it was lots of work, it was all worth it to see the end result. Hope you have many years of enjoyment & creativity in your revitalized art room...you desire it! F

    ReplyDelete
  7. Connie
    Looks amazing and what a perfect gift from your lovely sisters! I hope you will have classes again I personally always enjoy them so very much! Looks beautiful and I know you will create many beautiful things xoxo Laura H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh looks great!! just like a store woman!!

    ReplyDelete