Monday, October 12, 2015

Roben Marie Smith Art Journal Class

A couple weeks ago, I attended an amazing class taught by one of my favorite artists: Roben Marie Smith. I've taken so many of her on-line classes and loved every one one of them - to actually take a class from her in person was a dream come true!

Below is a picture of my journal cover. It's actually a classification folder turned into an art journal portfolio - so clever!
The class was actually held in Los Angeles at Jenny Doh's studio, Cresendo. It's a wonderful studio full of Jenny's work all over the walls.
Below are pictures of my journal, along with some class photos...
I haven't finished all my pages yet, but thought I'd show you the work in progress.
I've been having so much fun working on this journal. When it's done, I'll make a video and do a flip-through.
It was a great class. Roben is so talented, generous, organized and such a sweet person. Jenny was a great host as well and her studio was the perfect environment for creating. 
It was a dream weekend for me. I owe a huge thank you to my sister, Lana, who treated me to the entire trip for my birthday! We shopped till we dropped, ate delicious food and crafted with one of my favorite artists - I couldn't think of a better bday gift! Except right up there with this trip is what my sisters helped me with...stay tuned for next blog post.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your beautiful Roben Marie Smith project! It looks like a fabulous workshop. It's very colorful with cute whimsical touches. I love all your beautifully drawn flowers. Your compositions are wonderful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so much fun to see you and your sisters together creating and enjoying being together! What a great sister you have to give you such an endearing and memorable birthday gift!

    Mary in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Connie-

    HOT looking shirt! You look fab! Great job on the book too ;)

    Melanie from WSI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the workshop and all the great pictures.When I am at a workshop, I get so involved that I forget to take pictures so I really appreciate it that you share these photos.
    I love your journal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Connie! Just found you through the new issue of Somerset Life--love your style! I have a question for you & couldn't find an email address on your blog. Would you mind emailing me at avintagechic2@yahoo.com? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun and how sweet of Lana to treat you! I can't wait to see your completed journal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Girl! It was such a pleasure meeting you and Lana! I loved having you in my workshop and truly appreciate you taking the time to come and spend the weekend creating with me! Your pages are coming along and look so beautiful and filled with color! I love it! I have been organizing all my photos and ephemera from my trip and will get to the last of the filming for the on-line version of the class as soon as I return from Tennessee. I am so glad you enjoyed the workshop and your work is inspiring. My best to you and please keep in touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gracious! Each and every page you shared here entranced me. I swear, I stared at each of them, taking it all in for minutes at a time. Really beautiful work! I bet is was an amazing experience too. Thank you for sharing what you could of it.

    ReplyDelete