Sunday, July 17, 2016

Ink Figures

Thanks to Jackie Peter's blog, I found a wonderful artist, Lynn Whipple. After being on Lynn Whipple's site, I found Carla Sonheim and some of her on-line classes.

I watched Carla's "Creating Ink Figures" class and created these three drawings.
These drawings started from ink blobs, then you add black and white pen marks to complete the image. I knew the ink blobs were going to be people, so I had an idea of the shapes I wanted. The picture below is how the drawings started.
It was a fun exercise, it was like working backwards. I used the Japanese Sumi drawing ink from Daiso for this project.

Then I also watched Carla's "Easy Tombow Rabbits" on-line course. It's a cool technique of using your black Tombow pen and water. Instead of a rabbit, I drew a girl.
My current project is turning this shopping bag into an art journal.
I found this adorable bag at a little store in San Francisco and knew I had to make something with it. Stay tuned, it's almost done. 

2 comments:

  1. so glad you checked out Lynn's website/blog and also Carla....they are both fun artists and teachers.......love what you did with the ink blots! You never know what will inspire you when you check out other artists!

    ReplyDelete