Monday, July 4, 2016

More Christina Romeo Inspired Collages

I mentioned in my prior post, I recently took an on-line class from Christina Romeo called Whimsical Mixed Media Collage. I love whimsy and her style of art and I'm having so much fun making new pieces.

Pictured below was my work table Saturday morning. I was working on 7 doll collage pieces at once.
The night before I played in my sketch book and came up with these prototypes, shown below. They were drawn on very thin paper and so as you can see, when I added the water color and matt medium, the paper got wrinkled. But it definitely gave me inspiration to experiment with colored tissue with out fear of ruining my collage.
I started by drawing a bunch of faces in my sketch book and colored them with water colors. This was just me practicing, but some of them came out okay, so I used them in my collages. 
I used heavier card stock for the new collages, which worked much better. These are done on 8.5"x11" paper.
Here's a close up of each one...
I really like them on the white plain background, it has a very clean look.
The large black doodle flowers, I painted on tissue paper. I've used them before in my art journal and like the pop it gives.
And of course, if you follow my work, I always love to use the Metro tissue paper from 7Gypsies.
This is a great way to use up scrap paper too.
I also scanned each collage, reduced the images and turned some into cards and tags.
For the tags, I glued the images onto a cereal box carton, so they've have a sturdier weight.
These are so much fun to make, I can't wait to make more! Thanks Christina for the inspiriation - love the whimsy!

Hope you had a nice long weekend. Happy 4th!

4 comments:

  1. Love it!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love it when you provide us step-by-step pictures and text so we can follow the process of your creations, Connie! I had fun trying to figure out what the real words from the tissue had been before you had cut them up! The faces and bodies have become very whimsical. I remember a store on Robertson Blvd. from a long time ago - "A Touch of Whimsy" which I always tried to visit! I would love to get a present with these tags! Very fun!

    Mary in Oregon

    ReplyDelete