Thursday, August 24, 2017

My Paige Girls with Glasses

I sketched some new Paige dolls lately, just on scrap paper and tags I had lying around. Then I also found a small bags of black glasses I had punched out awhile ago and thought, wouldn't it be cute to add them to my Paige dolls. Here are the results...
 
I used a stabilo pencil, water colors and black and white pens to draw the girls and backgrounds.

Here's a closer look. I like adding pieces of paper as accents to the tags.
I also love adding black and white striped accents. In the one below, I used some of my printed tissue paper for accents.
I think the glasses add a fun character and I like how they're a bit oversize. The die cut for the glasses are by Impression Obsession DIE048-E.
I hope I've inspired you to add some fun glasses to your dolls.

4 comments:

  1. The glasses definitely add a cuteness to the faces - love how you you
    draw her eyes. Thanks for explaining what materials you used and how you added more interest to the tags with the tissue paper and watercolor background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is to coincidental.. i have been looking for the die cuts of the eyeglasses for a couple of evenings.. was even going to call or e-mail you... then i went to google images and found the correct info and try to order them when i noticed artful play nearby.. it was your recent posting of these... they look awesome.. thanks so much connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I love these! I'd love to learn to create these Paige dolls! Do you sell your work? Thank u!

    ReplyDelete