Sunday, February 11, 2018

Playing With Tea Bags

I've been wanting to make something with tea bags, because I love the color and texture of the bag. I don't drink tea, but my girl friend saved me her used bags and so I was all set.
I dried them out on a rack and then carefully opened up the bags and dumped out the tea leaves.
I saved the tags too,
I used a liquid adhesive, like mod podge and adhered the tea bag to various printed tissue papers.
For my first piece I decided to use one of the images from Tim Holtz's vintage paper doll pack.
I cut pieces of the tea bag to make dresses for each of the girls.
I added some embellishments and a ribbon around the frame. 
The next piece is a little dress I cut out from one of the tea bags.
I hope you make something fun with your tea bags!
Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try the tea bag art...it's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to repurpose your used tea bags. The dresses are all fantastic. Thanks for sharing your techniques to come up with these wonderful pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is always something new that I learn when I read about your new creations, Connie! I've started saving tea bags already! Now to create some backgrounds.
    Mary in Oregon

    ReplyDelete